In the last few months I find my time with the Lord as compared through the summer to November to be significantly different. How can this be? I was in a sweet spot in being in intimacy with the Lord spending time with him, and enjoying the journey he has me on. What has changed?
As I reflect on this, the Lord revealed some pretty cool things in what happens at least in my life when he gets put on the back burner and he is seemingly distant from my life
- My insecurities increase and confidence in self is lacking
- My patience and grace with people is shortened.
- I feel more tired and lack motivation
- I tend to get angry faster and short with people
- I feel hopeless/shamed/guilty to come before the lord as I haven’t spent time with him and feel that he is not too happy with me right now.
And as I come before the Lord with these things and he raises my awareness to what happens, he speaks into each area of my feelings.
- Take confidence in me and let me be what you place your securities in
- Do you remember the continued grace I have given you in your life?
- Let me be your strength and your source of life
- Love those as I have un-conditionally loved you
- There is Nothing that can separate you from my love (Romans 8:37-39)
Put simply, as much as I may separate from the Lord through anything that happens, ultimately he is still there, he still loves me, he still desires to journey with me, talk to me, and share with me his unconditional love.